New Titanic Movie

Discuss Titanic media here.

New Titanic Movie

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 am

For all Melbourne and Australian members ' there is a NEW Titanic movie on this Sunday the 25th @ 630 pm channel 7 AEST (Australian eastern standard time) . :D
"Titanic gives impression of secrecy and mystique"
Aly Jones

Re: New Titanic Movie

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 am

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/v ... h/28691765

Movie is about the only Aussie survivor and her love story. I doubt that this is a real historical story but at least we get to watch a new Titanic movie.
Aly Jones

Postby VW1956 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:23 am

Hello Aly. Was his surname "James" as thats what it looks like on the birth (or marraige) certificate in the link. There is a list of all passengers and crew on this site that you can search for his name. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Ken' To be honest with you ' I never took any notice. Was she a real Titanic passenger? This must be a real story in this case. James must be her husbands name. I'm going to have to go back and read my own link. 8-) :lol:
Aly Jones

Postby Dave Gittins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am

There was a real Aussie survivor called Evelyn Marsden. The first person she notified of her escape was 'James'. He turned out to be Dr William Abel James, a ship's surgeon. They were married late in 1912 and moved to Australia. I've got bags of stuff on them.

Of course, the TV show may be pure garbage! I know for a fact that some of the family stories of Evelyn are not accurate and I can document them.
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
http://titanicebook.com
Dave Gittins

Postby Matuatay » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Judging from that preview, is this not Julian Fellowes' ITV film 'Titanic'? How many threads are going to be started on the same film?
Matt.
Matuatay

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Matt' I thought this movie was different from Titanic 2012' other wise I would not had posted this thread and instead posted on yours. I did not realized your thread was about this movie. I am sorry.
Aly Jones

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Are you still gong to watch the movie on Sunday night Dave? Do you know her family Dave? exciting stuff.
Aly Jones

Postby Titanorak » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Yes, some of those scenes are from Julian Fellowes' ITV mini-series. I think they're just doing a special on the Australian story, but also promoting the mini-series since Channel Seven will broadcast it. I tried looking for it on the TV Guide, but I can't seem to find it....
Titanorak

Postby Matuatay » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:21 pm

>>Matt' I thought this movie was different from Titanic 2012' other wise I would not had posted this thread and instead posted on yours. I did not realized your thread was about this movie. I am sorry<<

It could be a different movie, but from the looks of that preview it's the same. No need to apologize to me at all, Aly! :) A thread's a thread, I was just trying to avoid a bunch of confusion about which movie is being discussed and where. If these turn out to be the same flick it would probably be a good idea to combine the threads so as to avoid people having to keep up with two different conversations on the same topic, however I'll leave that to the admins to decide what's best.
Matt.
Matuatay

Postby Aly Jones » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:35 am

If these turn out to be the same flick it would probably be a good idea to combine the threads so as to avoid people having to keep up with two different conversations on the same topic, however I'll leave that to the admins to decide what's best.
Agreed ;)
Aly Jones

Postby Dave Gittins » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:39 am

I think you'll find the thing about Evelyn Marsden is just a segment of Sunday Evening, an alleged current affairs show that's shown on Channel 7 at 6-30pm. (Check your state's time).

I think this is the show Channel 7 asked me to assist with, knowing that I know a bit about Evelyn. When a fee was mentioned they lost interest, but it is not my policy to provide material to commercial interests at no cost.

I think they'll use this segment to promote the Fellowes show that's coming to 7 later. I've not seen a starting date.
Dave Gittins
Dave Gittins

Postby Dave Gittins » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 am

Make that show 'Sunday Night'. I plead senility!
Dave Gittins
Dave Gittins

Postby Aly Jones » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:51 pm

I will be Dave. I already told every one that I have the big telly in the lounge room @ 6:30 and I am going to record it.

Did the man and Evelyn actually meet and fall in love on the Titanic? or did they meet after the Titanic disaster?
Aly Jones

Postby Dave Gittins » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 pm

They must have met some time before the voyage. In April 1912 Dr James was a surgeon on SS Macedonia, which was in Port Said. Evelyn sent him a Marconigram from Carpathia to say she was safe. They may have been engaged for all I know. That might come out tonight.
Dave Gittins
Dave Gittins

Next

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s