Introduce Yourself...

Who, what, and why.

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Postby Wopke » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi,

I'm Wopke and I just this forum for the first time a long time ago (was it really in '97??), when Andrew, Rose, Fruitcake and others were already around. Became a Titaniac after watching James Cameron's movie three times in a row. Read a lot on Titanic and still a keen enthusiast.
1 Wife, 3 cats and 1 dog ;-) I enjoy photography, boating, playing rock guitar and travelling. Favourite part of the UK: Exmoor!

Nice to be back!

Wopke
Wopke

Postby Dave Gittins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 pm

G'day, Wopke!

I remember you from way back. Welcome back!
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
http://titanicebook.com
Dave Gittins

Postby Wopke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi Dave,

I remember you too, nice to see you're still around here. I also noticed you still run an excellent and well-maintained website (unlike mine ;-)

Cheers,

Wopke
Wopke

Postby James Jack » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hello again,

My real name is James H. Parsons, I go by Jim, married to the amazing Carolyn. Just turned 70. Live in Ontario, Canada. My Dad introduced me to Titanic in the mid 50's. I have many relatives in Newfoundland, I have been to Cape Race & seen the Keldysh in St. John's as well as seeing the Titanic artifacts in the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Cheers

Jim
James Jack

Postby Rose » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Hey James, welcome back :D
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby jack dawson » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Hey folks, i was old member from 2005, glad i got my same user name lol... little things please. was never a big posts here are fantastic always loved this site ;)

Rock.
jack dawson

Postby Lillithbane » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Hello all, a friend Jack Dawson told me about the site and I decided to join as I have always been fascinated by this tragedy! Hope to get to know you all! :)
Lillithbane

Postby pat toms » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I thought that i had introduced myself previously,but it looks as if this is re-introduction,i have seen all the others who have said their interests,and it looks as if this is a good idea,and expanding our friendship and knowledge thanks to everyone for this friendly introductions
pat toms

Postby James Jack » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Lynne,

I didn't realize what happened, just knew I couldn't login. After two weeks I finally emailed Andrew. Good that I could re-register with same user name. Good to be back, there were some wonder info., and debates in some forums with our knowledgeable, techies, researchers and authors.

Good to see you and more of our regular friends coming back on board.

Cheers

Jim
James Jack

Postby Captain ACS » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:06 am

Everybody who thinks this board is hacked, listen up. Here's a quote from Andrew in the thread "What is Happening?":

Andrew Clarkson wrote:All,

On Saturday morning, I was backing-up the forum, quite a straightforward task, and then I usually delete the oldest ones, keeping the six most recent back-ups in the forum, just in case.

When deleting the old backups, there are two buttons, side by side, one to delete the selected backup, and one to restore the selected backup, and I hit the wrong button. Worse, there is no prompt - 'Are You Sure' - type message to make sure that's what you want to do. Instinctively, I tried to stop what was happening by closing the browser, which may have made things worse, with hindsight.

Anyway, I posted on the forum of the people who make the forum, and they advised me to simply restore the latest backup, which should fix it. But, and this is where one of the forums weaknesses was revealed, any backups over 2mb in size can cause problems when restoring. My backups are 18mb! A kind guy tried to get me back running, however, it was not to be. Furthermore, I've been advised to use another way to backup the forum, which is quite usual, but I never knew until it's too late.

Listen, nobody is more upset than me, I certainly learned a few lessons this week. I hope the incident won't stop you talking about that big ship!

Sorry.

And I was already here when the forum was whited out, no need to re-introduce :P
~Capt. ACS - TT's resident aeronautics enthusiast since 2011.

Avatar: The insignia of my aerobatic performance from YSFlight Simulator, the SU-35BM Darkfire Solo Demo.
Captain ACS

Postby lmtitanic » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Everybody who thinks this board is hacked, listen up. Here's a quote from Andrew in the thread "What is Happening?":

I hope that we will not refill the fuel tank punctured tank. :lol:
lmtitanic

Postby Captain ACS » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:08 am

lmtitanic wrote:

I hope that we will not refill the fuel tank punctured tank. :lol:

What? What does that mean? :lol: :?
~Capt. ACS - TT's resident aeronautics enthusiast since 2011.

Avatar: The insignia of my aerobatic performance from YSFlight Simulator, the SU-35BM Darkfire Solo Demo.
Captain ACS

Postby VW1956 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Hello Captain ACS. I also was puzzeled by the phrase "I hope that we will not refill the fuel tank puntured tank".But as you can see Imtitanic lives in Belgrade so what was meant has been lost a bit in translation. I wonder if Google translation will help. Ken.
VW1956

Postby lmtitanic » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 pm

HI,
Sorry. When I wrote this post / in a hurry / I have not checked but I'll try again. For years we have poured into T T information and then once they are leaked. I hope that now
tank patched and will not leak. FIGURATIVE it was the meaning of
previous messages. Otherwise, I taught English in high school for four years.
Google translation NOT USE.
I hope it is o.k. :)
Best regards,
lmtitanic

Postby VW1956 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 am

Hello Imtitanic. It is I who must say sorry as what you wrote made a lot of sense. It was a shame that so much information was lost. I am sure slowly bit by bit it will come back on here when new members start asking the same older questions. Ken.
VW1956

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello