Introduce Yourself...

Who, what, and why.

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Postby lmtitanic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

Hi Ken,
It remains our hope that everything will be back as usual. Regards.
lmtitanic

Postby Captain ACS » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:20 am

I never did pay attention to locations very much. I thought Belgrade would be somewhere in the UK (I know nothing about the UK or Serbia, I'm USA) :lol: :lol:
~Capt. ACS - TT's resident aeronautics enthusiast since 2011.

Avatar: The insignia of my aerobatic performance from YSFlight Simulator, the SU-35BM Darkfire Solo Demo.
Captain ACS

Postby SOSTITANIC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Hello, my name is Joyce. I live in Ft. Lauderdale Florida with my life partner and 4 fur persons of the caninie persuasion. I have been interested in the Titanic since I was maybe 6 when my Gram took me to see The Unsinkable Molly Brown. In addition to the Titanic my other great loves are reading and music.
SOSTITANIC

Postby Tom Barron » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 am

Hi Everyone

My name is Tom Barron, I live in Mill Valley California with my girl friend Vera just north of San Franciso.

I got into Titanic when I found a Reader Digest Condensed Book with 'A Night To Remember' in it when I was eight years old. The sight of the oceanliner upending like that caught my imagination and hasn't let go since.

I work as a handyman doing projects and fixing things here in Marin.

For five years, I was the Program Director and acting CEO of a small R&D company engaged in trying to put rental robots on the Titanic. Undercapitalization and ignorance of patent law put us out of business in 2006. I still think it can be done, but not in this economic climate.

Tom
Tom Barron

Postby VW1956 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 pm

A big hello to SOSTitanic and Tom Barron.

So SOSTitanic, you live with 4 fur persons. Thats good, I never heard it said like that before.

Tom you used to make "Rental robots". I seem to remember that Robert Ballard wanted some thing like that.

Ken.
VW1956

Postby blsr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi all! I just signed up today and am so happy about it: my name is Bobbie Scott - Runion! I am a 40yr old young lady from Arkansas, USA. I am married and have two kiddos. My son is 20 and works for the Sheriffs department. My daughter is 16 and is an honor student and a trumpet player! So hello all!!!!
blsr

Postby VW1956 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello Bobbie. Welcome to this real nice Titanic site. During my life I have been through most parts of America but sad to say I never made it to Arkansas or Florida. Ken.
VW1956

Postby DecoJim » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:48 am

Hello:
My name is Jim Garrett. I am 48 years young and live near Detroit, Michigan. I am not married but have a long time partner and 3 dogs.
My interest in the RMS Titanic began more than 40 years ago when I saw A Night To Remember on TV. That night I had a nightmare in which I looked out the large window in the back of my house and saw the Titanic with all of its portholes lit up on a collision course with the house! (dreams are weird - I do not live on a lake or ocean). My screams woke up my parents who were not too thrilled about my dream.

I own about 20 books on the Titanic and other liners of the era. I also have a 90% completed 1:350 scale model of the Titanic. I am probably not as dedicated as some of you here, but from time to time I get "Titanic Fever" and renew my interest in the ship and the story around her maiden voyage.

I am also interested in classical music, history in general and architecture (especially Art Deco). An unusual hobby that I partake in is to build LEGO replicas http://www.flickr.com/photos/decojim/4676337747/ of Detroit architecture (I even get paid to do it occasionally).

I hope to learn more about the Titanic from this site.
DecoJim

Postby frydawg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Okay here goes: my name is Adam, I'm 28 and live bout an hour north of Pittsburgh, Pa, USA. I was on the forum before it crashed or whatever it did. Right now I drive bus and work in a restaurant. I'm single and only have one dog now, Cody who is 13 and is a beagle/basset/german shepard mix. I've been interested in the Titanic since I was 9. I became interested in other ships and am now also interested in trains.
frydawg

Postby VW1956 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello Jim and Frydawg. It's seems amazing to me how many people interested in Titanic own dogs.

Jim. I to got interested in all things Titanic after watching the James Camerons Titanic. I guess this must be the main reason that people get into Titanic.

Frydawg. I did start a thread on the old forum on why people chose there user names. Sometimes it is possible to work what certain names mean but "Frydawg" has got me stumped. American trains are just like American cars. The best. I think Andrew might have some thing to say about that. Ken.
VW1956

Postby andrewsirishgirl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:43 am

Hey everyone :)
I'm Hannah and I'm thirteen and I'm actually from Belfast where Titanic was built!
My name is because I'm Irish I'm a girl as I'm abs obsessed with Thomas Andrews I honestly believe he was a hero that night!
Anyway soon I'm gonna post a photo of my Titanic wall :) it's very fab ;)
I also have a relative on the great ship Thomas (like Andrews-spooky?) Morrow who died :(
'she was all right when she left us'
;)
Hannah
'it takes 3 million rivets and a lot of sweat to build a ship' -Thomas Andrews <33
andrewsirishgirl

Postby Dave Gittins » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 am

Welcome to one of our youngest members from one of our oldest. I'll bet you are looking forward to next year, when Belfast will be wall-to-wall Titanic. I'm jealous!
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
http://titanicebook.com
Dave Gittins

Postby andrewsirishgirl » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks Dave :)
I know I can't wait
Hannah :)
'it takes 3 million rivets and a lot of sweat to build a ship' -Thomas Andrews <33
andrewsirishgirl

Postby VW1956 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Hello Hannah. And a big welcome from me. You certainly do sound like a total Titanic fan from the things that you have posted so far. Ken.
VW1956

Postby andrewsirishgirl » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 am

Hi Ken :D
I really am honestly ask anyone who knows me!
It all started when I watched the and from there on in it was one Wikipedia page after another :)
Not to boast or anything but I think being interested in Titanic like I am is away better than like being on drugs or pregnant I mean come on?
So Im glad I have Titanic to obsess over because compared to half the people my age..*shudder*

Hannah :)
andrewsirishgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello