TITANIC-TITANIC.com | Titanic First Class Passenger - STRAUS, Mr Isidor
- Age: 67
- Date of Birth (D.O.B.): 6th February, 1845
- Place of Residence: New York City, New York
- Embarked at: Southampton, England ( List ) on Wednesday, 10th April, 1912
- Ticket Number: 17483
- Price Of Ticket: £221 15s 7d
- Cabin Number: C-55
- Class: First Class Passengers
- Destination: New York City, New York
- Survived: No ( List )
- Died: 15th April, 1912 at sea
- Body Number: 96
- Location Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery, Bronx, Bronx County, New York, U.S.A.
Rosalie Ida Straus had managed to find herself place in one of the lifeboats, but when told that Isador Straus could not join her, she left the lifeboat, saying, "We have lived together many years. I will not be seperated from my husband. As we have lived, so we shall die. Together." When it was then suggested that because of the couple's ages, it would be alright for Isador Straus to join Rosalie Ida Straus in the lifeboat, he replied, "No. I do not wish any distinction in my favor which is not granted others."
Ellen Bird managed to board lifeboat No. 8, and survived the sinking of Titanic, but Isador Straus, Rosalie Ida Straus and John Farthing were all lost in the sinking and only the body of Isador Straus was recovered and identified.
Similar Pages: Titanic Passengers | Titanic First Class Passengers | Titanic Second Class Passengers | Titanic Third Class Passengers | Titanic Crew | Titanic Deck Crew | Titanic Engineering Crew | Titanic Guarantee Group | Titanic Officers | Titanic Mail Clerks | Titanic ã la Carte Restaurant Crew | Titanic Victualling Crew | Titanic Death Certificates | Titanic Record of Bodies and Effects |